Resisting Peer pressure
It is sometimes very hard to resist your friend’s encouragements to have drinks and feel like an outcast because you are not drinking alcohol.
- Choose to be the designated driver – great excuse not to drink, will save you money and your friends will be appreciative of you getting them home safely.
- Find an excuse (say you're taking medicine...)
- Don’t go to the event on an empty stomach
- Sip your drinks, make them last long. Avoid shots, bottoms up and paying rounds
- Alternate alcoholic beverages with soft drinks